Monday 2 April 2018

Painting Birds

I spent the whole month of February drawing and painting a bird in my journal every day. I did the same with flowers in January. So the idea was that next to my writing everyday, I would draw/paimt a picture of a bird.
This practice has been hugely enjoyable but more than that, I found such moments of peace and calm in my day.


I love birds, I love that they wake up each morning and sing a pretty tune. It's in their nature to spread beauty to the world around them just by virtue of being themselves. 
I decided to spend the whole month painting songbirds because I love what they represent.
Here are some of the birds I painted. They are all painted with watercolours.







I'm so glad I spent the whole month painting birds, I got better at painting them and I found such peace doing so. I also went through a process of thinking about being more authentically myself and how, in allowing that to happen, I will spread beauty and sing my song more fully, to the world around me, just like a bird does.

I have a full flip through of my Feb journal up on my youtube channel, Here is the link if interested:
https://youtu.be/o45juIXyRm8

Much love.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment